Need to lose a few pounds fast?

Drop up to 14 POUNDS in only 7 DAYS with The Negative Calorie Diet™

Click Here Now To Kick Start YOUR Metabolism!





Monday, May 08, 2006

What about protein and protein bars, shakes, etc?

I just got back from the gym. I weighed myself while
there and, although I know it's only a number, I still
tend to gauge my progress with it.

When I think about it, that's totally wrong!

Muscle weighs more than fat and I can tell by my
waist line that I'm definitely changing my body
composition. And that's what it's really all about.

I bought a protein bar at the gym, one of my personal
favorites , a Tri-O-Plex chocolate coconut. Mmmm-Mm!
They're great when you nuke em for 15-20 secs., gets
em nice and soft!

What I've actually sort of stayed away from recently
are the shakes, or Meal Replacement Powders (MRP's).

I'm not sure why, probably because lunch is ready
when I get home and I like to sit down to a decent meal
before heading off to work.

Besides, the gym owner told me that unless I'm going into
a competition (which I'm not), then normal food should
be sufficient.

Which brings me to the actual thought behind this whole
post. I like eating and drinking the bars and MRP's, BUT
they aren't necessary for a healthy, low carb diet!

You CAN eat regular food and still lose weight and live
a healthy lifestyle AND even build muscle.

I like to bring one of the protein bars to work for a snack
because it keeps me away from the candy bars. High
protein (30g), low carb (16g). Great.

So there you go. Personally, I highly recommend a good
protein bar as a snack replacement along with a normal
food intake.

Good luck with your diet!




low carb diet plan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home